Monday, April 6, 2009

A Word from the Lord...

On Saturday I decided it was time to put my new "mother of two" status to the test and take the kids out on my own. I had planned on taking Tucker and Presley to Mardel so Tucker could play with the trains and then joining Patrick for dinner.

After careful planning and preparation (you know you have to plan and prepare for these things moms!) I had things timed out perfectly. Tucker would get up from his nap, I would nurse Presley, then pack everyone up and be on our way. Well of course that didn't happen. Tucker was moving slow as molasses, Presley was wailing, he wasn't dressed, her bag wasn't packed and I was getting very frustrated. Unfortunately my frustrations were being unpacked on my four-year-old.

When we finally got in the car and on our way, I turned and apologized to Tucker for being grouchy with him. He said, "It's okay Mama, I forgive you." Well that melted my heart, and then he followed up with, "Mama...happiness is of the Lord."

Ouch. The sting of conviction...from a four-year-old! The Lord certainly speaks!

No comments: