I had a very 'Baptist' moment with my firstborn tonight, but what a sweet moment it was! I was putting Tucker to bed this evening, and we were reading our nighttime bible stories, and Tucker's favorite is "Jesus Dies on the Cross". Mid-reading, he started asking me questions about Jesus, one being 'where does he live?' I told him that Jesus lives in heaven and in the heart of everyone that loves Him and asks Him to live in his heart. Tucker: "Does He live in my heart yet?"
Mommy: "Well, have you asked Him?"
T: "Not yet."
M: "Do you want to?"
T: "Yes."
M: "Do you want some help?"
T: "Yes."
M: "Just tell Him that sometimes you make bad choices and that you need His help, and ask Him to come live in your heart."
T: "Jesus, sometimes I make bad choices. Can you help me? Will you live in my heart? Amen"
May it be a sweet, sweet sound in His ear! Praising God for my sweet Bear tonight! If you're reading this, say a prayer for our Tucker too!
Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."
Matthew 19:14
Monday, March 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Oh, Valerie, that is so wonderful! Just said a prayer for sweet Tucker.
How sweet, Val. That is a moment you will never forget. I wonder if it was surreal to you. I'm hoping for that day with Noah. :) c.
Post a Comment