Sunday, March 7, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Presley Dallas!



Yesterday was Baby Girl's first birthday. I can hardly believe one full year has gone by since we brought her into this world. Presley has filled our life with a love and laughter no one else could bring. Most people know I had two miscarriages between Tucker and Presley, and for a time I wasn't sure if we would ever have any more kids. I found myself praising God yesterday for the way our life turned out. I would have never had four kids, meaning, without the way things were our sweet girl wouldn't be here. Isn't it funny how something you could've never imagined turning into a good thing turns into a good thing? Praise God.



We had a small party celebrating Presley's first year with family and friends. (I can't get the pictures my friend took to download, so that's why there's only one!) It was precious, however, she did have a "wardrobe malfuction"...against my better judgement I put Presley in this darling onesie I had made especially for her birthday before her nap. The onesie had a cupcake on it made out of zebra and pink fabric, which matched the tutu I bought her, and it had her name monogrammed on it and one candle monogrammed on the cupcake. Well, as it would go, when we went to get Presley Girl up from her nap for the party, she had a major blowout and had gotten poop all over her custom-made, tutu-matching birthday onesie! I was totally bummed! Oh well :o) I was so thankful that the weather was beautiful. All the kids ate outside and played in the backyard to their hearts content. It was a sweet day for a sweet girl.

Presley Dallas, you have the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit. You are observant and already compassionate. You are laid-back and content in most situations. Daddy, Tucker, and I love you with a love that makes our hearts want to burst. The three of us love to stare at you, play with you, talk with you, and just squeeze you with everything we have. We love hearing each of our names come from your lips...'Mama', 'Dada', 'Bubba'. We love your dance moves and your giggles. For so long Daddy and I wondered how we would be able to love another child like we love your brother, and now we know we've just grown extra hearts. You bring us so much joy, sweet girl. We are praying that the God that made you will reveal Himself to you in mighty ways, and that you find your self-worth in the One that loves you more than life. You are the one Jesus loves, Sweet Presley! We are honored that we were chosen to be your parents. God bless you on your first birthday!

No comments: