

Our first born turned five years old today, and I simply cannot believe it. Where has five years gone? He'll start Kindergarten in about seven months...seven months! I have so loved being mommy to my sweet Tucker Bear. Everyday brings new excitement and new adventures with our big boy.
Tucker has continued to grow to be outgoing, friendly, trusting, compassionate, energetic, inquisitive, well-mannered, sweet-natured and very loving. He still enjoys Thomas the trains as much as he did at 23 months! He's starting to get into Hot Wheels and he enjoys playing games with the family like Yahtzee, Candy Land, Chutes and Ladders, and Cranium Hullabaloo. He favorite TV shows are "Wizards of Waverly Place", "The Suite Life on Deck", "Jonas", and "Phineas and Ferb". His favorite movies are "Princess Protection Program" and any of his "Thomas" videos. He has his first crush on Selena Gomez, the actress who plays 'Carter Mason' on Princess Protection Program, and 'Alex Russo' on Wizards of Waverly Place. He scares easily and we are very careful about what he watches in his programs. (Or at least Mommy is very careful...Daddy thinks we need to toughen him up! ha)
Tucker is still a very picky eater, but I've chosen to give up this fight completely. I've convinced myself that he'll grow into being a more adventurous eater, and if he doesn't, it won't be the end of the world. We have gotten him to drink water more willingly now and he doesn't have juice very often. He loves grapes, yogurt, mac n cheese, peanut butter and jelly, Nana's spaghetti, bread, waffles, pancakes, cheese, chicken, ham (which we call chicken), and turkey (which we call chicken!) His favorite kind of cake is chocolate. He still doesn't like ketchup, though on rare occasion (maybe twice) he's eaten it voluntarily. He LOVES ranch, and calls it "hidden valley ranch" and not just ranch!
When it comes to friends, Tucker likes to be the leader. We're working on that! He's very creative and he's always thinking of new games. When he and his friend Haley get together there is major imagination involved! I adore watching him interact with his friends, because generally he is very kind.
We're slowly preparing for kindergarten, and poor Tucker has to allow me to put my teacher hat on with him at home sometimes! Tucker can recognize his name and spell it for you, but he can't quite write it yet. He can count to thirteen with one-to-one correspondence. He recognizes most of his letters and can tell you what sounds they make. He can take the onset off of a rime, which I'm really happy about. He's recognizing sounds in words and is always curious about words in general. I'm sure I'm already bugging our kindergarten team here at Boals because I'm always asking them, what should he be able to do/read/write, etc! I don't stress too much because I know he'll do great. It's just going to be here so quickly!
While Tucker has learned much over the past year and past five years, I'm certain I've learned more. Tucker made me a mom and changed my life forever. It's like there's this whole other side of living I never knew about until I had someone to love and be loved like that by. I've found that I'm much more compassionate and sensitive to others since becoming a mom (though I still have a ways to go!) I'm always looking at the world from a new perspective, a different set of lenses than I did before. I'm slower to judge and quicker to put myself in another person's shoes. I have a deep desire for the world to be a better place, truly. I can't really put into words the difference being a mom makes, I just know I'm not who I was. And I have Tucker Ewing to thank for that.
As a son, there's none better. As a brother, he's top-notch. Happy birthday to the most loved little boy in the world! We love you Tucker Bear!
Tucker has continued to grow to be outgoing, friendly, trusting, compassionate, energetic, inquisitive, well-mannered, sweet-natured and very loving. He still enjoys Thomas the trains as much as he did at 23 months! He's starting to get into Hot Wheels and he enjoys playing games with the family like Yahtzee, Candy Land, Chutes and Ladders, and Cranium Hullabaloo. He favorite TV shows are "Wizards of Waverly Place", "The Suite Life on Deck", "Jonas", and "Phineas and Ferb". His favorite movies are "Princess Protection Program" and any of his "Thomas" videos. He has his first crush on Selena Gomez, the actress who plays 'Carter Mason' on Princess Protection Program, and 'Alex Russo' on Wizards of Waverly Place. He scares easily and we are very careful about what he watches in his programs. (Or at least Mommy is very careful...Daddy thinks we need to toughen him up! ha)
Tucker is still a very picky eater, but I've chosen to give up this fight completely. I've convinced myself that he'll grow into being a more adventurous eater, and if he doesn't, it won't be the end of the world. We have gotten him to drink water more willingly now and he doesn't have juice very often. He loves grapes, yogurt, mac n cheese, peanut butter and jelly, Nana's spaghetti, bread, waffles, pancakes, cheese, chicken, ham (which we call chicken), and turkey (which we call chicken!) His favorite kind of cake is chocolate. He still doesn't like ketchup, though on rare occasion (maybe twice) he's eaten it voluntarily. He LOVES ranch, and calls it "hidden valley ranch" and not just ranch!
When it comes to friends, Tucker likes to be the leader. We're working on that! He's very creative and he's always thinking of new games. When he and his friend Haley get together there is major imagination involved! I adore watching him interact with his friends, because generally he is very kind.
We're slowly preparing for kindergarten, and poor Tucker has to allow me to put my teacher hat on with him at home sometimes! Tucker can recognize his name and spell it for you, but he can't quite write it yet. He can count to thirteen with one-to-one correspondence. He recognizes most of his letters and can tell you what sounds they make. He can take the onset off of a rime, which I'm really happy about. He's recognizing sounds in words and is always curious about words in general. I'm sure I'm already bugging our kindergarten team here at Boals because I'm always asking them, what should he be able to do/read/write, etc! I don't stress too much because I know he'll do great. It's just going to be here so quickly!
While Tucker has learned much over the past year and past five years, I'm certain I've learned more. Tucker made me a mom and changed my life forever. It's like there's this whole other side of living I never knew about until I had someone to love and be loved like that by. I've found that I'm much more compassionate and sensitive to others since becoming a mom (though I still have a ways to go!) I'm always looking at the world from a new perspective, a different set of lenses than I did before. I'm slower to judge and quicker to put myself in another person's shoes. I have a deep desire for the world to be a better place, truly. I can't really put into words the difference being a mom makes, I just know I'm not who I was. And I have Tucker Ewing to thank for that.
As a son, there's none better. As a brother, he's top-notch. Happy birthday to the most loved little boy in the world! We love you Tucker Bear!




1 comment:
Very well said about being a mom and how these little people can change our lives in so many ways!
I will be there and feel the way you do in 5 years with K and I taught it for 7 years!!!
Post a Comment