
Well, a friend of mine passed me along her blog today, and I was like, 'hey, I used to do that!' And I miss it. I miss having a diary of the things the kids are doing and saying and experiencing. Even with zero people reading the ol' blog here, I like having it for me. So, here we are, dusting off the cobwebs of the old www and resurrecting the Party of Five blog! Here goes:
It's easy to see why I stopped blogging -- reasons 1, 2, and 3 are very cutely pictured in the shot above :o) Tucker, Presley, and Carter (Bubba, Sissy, and Carkey still in this neck of the woods) are now 8, 4, and 2 respectively. It's hard to believe Presley just turned four and Carter will be three in a few weeks. How time has FLOWN! The kids are really growing up and we are entering a new phase in the house -- we really don't have a baby. Carter is a whirlwind of activity these days -- it's hard to remember him in a sedentary stage. The other day the three of them were playing upstairs for a pretty good amount of time, and I was able to clean the kitchen almost completely uninterrupted, and it hit me like a ton of bricks...we do not have a baby any more. The kids are growing. It's amazing how quickly it sneaks up on you that time has passed when every minute seems to last a year.
I have million things I want to write about tonight, but for memories sake I will bring you up to speed on their little lives...
We decided to have Tucker do a victory lap in first grade :o) Though academics were fine, maturity was lacking...and in truth may still be! Ha! But it has been the best decision we could've made for him. He's definitely made more connections and friendships and I'm glad about that. (He still doesn't really like school, but that's a whole other blog topic!) He's finally tying his own shoes and we've almost mastered our fears of the bicycle. There's a whole lot more of growing up to do, but really, who's rushing? He'll be grown up and outta the house before I can blink, and I know I will wonder why I was in a rush to get past the little things. He still loves to build things -- it used to be tracks and race courses, now it's anything and everything Legos. Not exactly the 'follow the directions' type Legos building, but Legos building none-the-less! He is also currently obsessed with Star Wars (the original saga). I love that boy :o)
Presley is our beloved Mini-Mama. She has such a tender heart and she's such a natural nurturer. She loves to fold laundry and organize the house. The other day she asked me outta the blue - Mommy, can I organize the laundry room? HA -- she SO didn't get this from me! She is Carter's best friend and second mother. Whenever we sit down for a meal she first puts his bib on him before she sits for her meal. She'll bring him a kleenex and put it on his nose and tell him to blow. She wraps her arms around him if she thinks he gets too close to the street. She is the sweetest thing. I love that girl :o)
Carter, like I said before, is a hot mess! He loves all things Star Wars because his Bubba does. He loves to play with the little Legos people whom he calls Munjas for ninjas. He only wants munjas with hats on them. Of the three kids, he's the most content to play in a group or go upstairs and be lost playing in his room for an hour. I recently read somewhere that at age 4 a girls sounds are 100% words, but a boy's sounds at the same age are 60% words and 40% sounds -- this is exactly true for my little ones. Carter makes so many noises in his play -- he's hilarious! Crashing, booming, streaking, squeaking, Chewbacca-ing -- he does it all. He is all boy, but a total momma's boy. He's the only one of the three that prefers me to Patrick -- finally! I love that boy :o)
Patrick and I at this stage in life are like ships passing in the night. His work hours are crazy and I'm always exhausted. But we make a commitment to have couch time at the end of the day and watch a show or two and talk about life. I love that man :o)
So that's it -- that's a five minute update. 2013 Journal Entry Number 1 is in the books! Yes! (The pictures and tickers will have their update eventually!)




No comments:
Post a Comment