

So this spring has been absolute torture on Tucker for some reason. My never-had-an-allergy-symptom-in-my-life little boy has suddenly become tormented by the great outdoors. About a month ago Tucker started having a hard time breathing after being outside too long, and he's had to since be on an inhaler and nebulizer as needed ever since due to something his lungs have developed an allergy too.
Well, yesterday Patrick took the kids to the park for 30 minutes, and when they got home Tucker came to him and said "Daddy. my eye really hurts" and these pictures show what we saw! We were both taken aback with how gross his eye looked. Truely the pictures don't even do the total grossness justice! In the first picture he's holding his eye open, so you can't really even tell that he could hardly see out of it. And there was a pocket of fluid on his eyeball that literally was coming out over the eyelids and looked like it needed to pop. Even though both of our instincts told us it was probably just allergies, we went ahead and took him to Urgent Care to have him checked out. Allergies indeed they are -- he's now on a liquid steroid, prescription eyedrops, and hefty doses of Benedryl! The doctor said he'll probably have to go on a daily allergy pill if he wants to go outside any more.
Poor Bear! He never gets sick, and this year he's had pneumonia, the swine flu, asthma, and I've-never-seen-them-worse allergy eyes! Please, Mother Nature, give the kid a break!




3 comments:
Man, if those pictures don't do it justice, I would've hated to see Tucker's eye in person! Poor little man! I hope the meds help!!!
Oh my goodness, my heart aches just looking at these pictures, Val! Tucker, I am so sorry! I hope the medicines are providing him the relief he needs to enjoy the Texas sunshine this summer!
Poor guy, I hope he gets some relief soon!
Post a Comment