Today Patrick and I are celebrating our sixth wedding anniversary. How far we've come in six years! We've endured much, but we've grown even more in our faith and love for our Lord.
Our good friend Keelie was supposed to keep our kids for the night, but her poor little girl has been sick, so we just decided to doll up the kids and take them out to dinner with us! We all got dressed up and headed out to Texas Land & Cattle. Everyone looked so cute, although Tucker was missing one thing...shoes!! (Can you guess that Patrick was in charge of getting him ready? ha ha) I had every intention of getting the waiter to take a family picture, but I forgot! You can take my word for it--we all looked crazy good! :o)
About halfway through our meal I noticed that only a few tables down my good friend from work was there eating dinner with her husband. I stopped to chat for a minute and went back to my seat, and my friend and her husband left a few minutes later. We finished our meal a short time after that and asked for our check...only to find out that Chris and Hollie had paid for our meal!! As you can imagine, we were overwhelmed with gratefulness. What a blessing this was for us.
Since Patrick has lost his job, God has continuously reminded us that He is always with us and ever mindful of us through the generosity of good friends. First our Small Group and now Hollie and Chris have made us feel like the Lord Himself is tightly wrapping His arms around us and allowing us to wait out Patrick's next job in complete peace. I'm just so moved.
So today I'm thankful for good friends, celebrating an amazing husband, and overwhelmed by a faithful God. What more do we need?
Happy 6th Anniversary Schmoopie! (No your Schmoopie!)
Saturday, August 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Valerie,
Happy anniversary! Sorry I couldn't keep the kids--GLory is feeling much better but had hand, foot, mouth whatever and obviously couldn't be around other kids.
I am so happy for you guys. God will continue to take care of you. Keep trusting Him.
Keelie
Post a Comment