Today Presley Dallas is four months old! Tucker, Presley and I were at a playdate at our friend's the Roseberry's house today. As I was talking to Stacy about being a month late getting Presley's picture taken and needing to get that done, the best photographer disguised as a stay-at-home mom whipped out her camera and got this great shot!
What a lot of changes we've seen in Sissy in one month's time. For one thing, she has grown to adore her brother! Tucker is the one we can count on to always make her smile. And his adoration has grown stronger for her each day as well. My prayer for them is that they will be best friends for the rest of their lives!
She is still sleeping in our closet (gasp! I know!) but I have a feeling she'll be in her own room soon. We're waiting for her to start sleeping through the night. Last week she slept through the night four days in a row (T, W, Th, and F). On the fifth day (Saturday) we said if she slept through the night again we'd put her in her room the next day. Well, she must have overheard us because that night she woke up twice!! We were really frustrated yesterday, until we realized later in the day we think she woke up because we she's cutting her first tooth! I can't believe that! Tucker didn't cut teeth until he was 8 months old, so we never even thought to consider that she was teething. But last night we put our fingers in her mouth and you can just barely feel a top tooth cutting through. So unless our fingers are decieving us, top teeth are on their way!
While she's not in her room yet, she is out of the swing for naptimes. She still enjoys swinging, but her naps are lasting just as long now that she is in bed and not in the swing. She also enjoys her Bumbo seat, her baby Papazan chair, and her activity gym, and on a few occasions we've put her in her excersaucer which she is curious about. (She's still a little too small for it, but she seems to like the colors.) She also likes to just lay on the floor and play with a few rings and her duck, Mr. Waddles.
As you know from my previous post, this month she rolled over for the first time. Also, as from a previous post, she went to the pool for the first time this month, and she really likes the water. She's very calm when she's in the pool, and she just takes in all the sights and sounds around her. In general, she likes to be outside. She is also just beginning to laugh real, hearty belly laughs, mostly with Patrick, and also when you tickle her tummy. I think there's no greater sound in the world. :o)
For the life of me, I cannot get this girl to like her paci! She does like to suck on her hand a lot, and I am doing everything I can to keep her from becoming a thumb-sucker! Now that she seems to be teething she does seem to like the hospital paci again, at least way better than the Nuk brand (which was Tucker's favorite). I'm so hoping she'll start to like it--pacifiers were a life-saver with Tucker. Anytime he was fussy or upset I could just pop in his paci and life could go on!! Not so much with Presley Girl!
Today my kids are four-years-old and four-months-old. It's amazing that in just four years time my Bear went from doing all these little bitty things like Presley is doing to doing major big kid things. It just remindes me how fast it all goes by. What a treasure it is just to be a part of it!






5 comments:
Such cute pictures! I can only hope that someday when Nora has a sibling they will love each other the way Tucker and Presley do. It's so sweet!
Also, try the Playtex Binky pacifiers (if you haven't already). I couldn't get Nora to take a paci until she was four months old, and that's the only one she liked! Good luck!
She is so adorable. How do you get anything done, I would just sit and stare at her all day!!! Riley doesn't take a paci also, he stared with the thumb. To defer this, I give him these mini-blankets from angel dear. He will chew on the ears or the little tab instead of his thumb!
She is precious! I can't believe she's cutting her first teeth! Tucker seems like such a sweet big brother :)
oh val...she is so precious I love those blue eyes! she must get those from me!!
Hey, Girlie!!! I love reading your blog!!! Stone slept in our room for quite a while until one of the teachers on my team told me to get Stone into his crib ASAP. (She's the mom of 2 high school boys and I like her.) So, I did what she said to do and it has work out well. I don't like to brag BUT with a giggle...Stone sleeps from 7:30 pm to 7:30 am...no joke. Naps are a very smooth transition as well. I used the Happiest Baby on the block and www.sleepyplanet. com. Thought I would share! . Hey, what is up with rice cereal and first time mommies??? Am I missing the mommy joke??? Giggle!
Post a Comment