I love the idea of being important enough to take up webspace. Think about it. Just about everyone can access the web now, the "world wide web" now, and here the Chamberlains are marking their spot, staking their claim in the vastness of it all! We're awesome!
Anyway, I (Valerie) thought mostly that this would be an easy and fun way for me to record our precious memories of Tucker Bear. He's getting so big now. How did that happen? One minute we're finding out we're finally going to have a baby, and the next we looked up and he's three-and-a-half!
I love my son. I love his mind. I love that every day he is truly learning something new. Right now it is the letter T, for Tucker of course, but also for Thomas the Train. Somehow T's have fallen in place all around him, and he loves to discover them and proclaim them solely for himself.
He has also, like any good Texan would, discovered his beloved state. The shape of the state is proudly displayed on his "Native Texan" birth certificate, (framed and hung ceremoniously in his room!), and I suppose that's where he saw it first. But lately we've seen it quite often. In buildings, on highways, and probably most imporantly on an episode of "The Backyardigans"! So as it should be, Texas is engrained in Tucker's heart, and whenever we see one he gets so excited. We have them carved in the sides of a lot of our highway overpasses, and today on the tollway he squealed with delight in the backseat and shouted "Mommy, I live in Texas! I was born there!" And then he giggles when I tell him that I, in fact, live there too. I mean of all the coincidences!
Oh to be three again! Tucker is learning so much about the world around him, and he's teaching Patrick and I just as much about life. Drink it in! Enjoy every minute! Play hard! Love shamelessly! And of course...fight for what's yours!
What a kid!
Friday, August 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment